This place of worship is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and ensuring their well-being.
- We recognise that we all have a responsibility to help prevent the physical, sexual, psychological, financial and discriminatory abuse and neglect of vulnerable adults and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
- We recognise the personal dignity and particular needs of vulnerable adults and will ensure all our policies and procedures will reflect this.
- We believe that all adults should enjoy and have access to the full life of Jubilee Church.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who work with children and vulnerable adults.
- We believe that every child should be valued, safe and happy. We want to make sure that children we have contact with know this and are empowered to tell us if they are suffering harm.
We are committed to:
- Following statutory and specialist guidelines in relation to safeguarding children and adults, and will ensure that, as a place of worship, all workers will work within the agreed procedure of our Safeguarding Policy,
- Implementing the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Acts 1995 and 2005 and all other relevant legislation,
- Supporting, resourcing and training those who undertake this work,
- Ensuring that we are keeping up to date with national and local developments relating to safeguarding,
- Ensuring that everyone agrees to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by Jubilee Church,
- Supporting all in the church affected by abuse.
- Children’s Social Services has lead responsibility for investigating all allegations or suspicions of abuse where there are concerns about a child.
- Adult Social Care has lead responsibility for investigating all allegations or suspicions of abuse where there are concerns about a vulnerable adult. Where an allegation suggests that a criminal offence may have been committed, then the police should be contacted as a matter of urgency,
- Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
- We will review this statement and our policy annually.
- If you have any concerns for a child or vulnerable adult, or in relation to any safeguarding matter, then please speak to one of the Safeguarding Co-ordinators.